I didn’t get as far as I had wanted, but I did make real progress over the weekend. Here are the completed tops for the A & J quilts. The blue stands out a lot better than the pink/purple does. I’m hoping that the A shows up better once I’ve quilted them.
Next on the A & J To Do list was a trip to Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon to get some batting. Hopefully I’ll have time this week to get them layered & basted. I plan for the quilting to outline the letters and then follow the grid outside the letters. Once I have that finished, I’ll decided whether I want to add stars or something inside the letters themselves. I have two Winnie The Pooh receiving blankets that I picked up at a church bazaar. Those will be used for the backings. Maybe I will even get these finished over the weekend!
In other news, the first BOM was posted this weekend. I made my fabric selections today & I will post a picture once I get my block made. I am excited about it. For one thing, this is my very first BOM ever – & for another, I have a stash of fabrics some friends gave me for Christmas that I hadn’t figured out what to do with yet. I think they will be perfect for this!